Friday, May 29, 2009

Abacus Wrist PDA with Palm OS - Metal


Introducing the Fossil Abacus Wrist PDAs, the world's first watches with built-in Palm OS technology. Now, all of your handheld data can be stored conveniently on your wrist, in a design that's as fashionable as it is functional.

The first thing I'd like to do is congratulate Fossil for finally bringing the Wrist PDA to market. The Fossil and Abacus Wrist PDAs have been in the works for at least four years, and now they have finally arrived. Thanks, Fossil, for not giving up on the Wrist PDA. In my opinion, it was worth the wait.

Before I get into specifics, I want to answer the biggest question I had when I first started reading about the Abacus and Fossil Wrist PDAs: yes, they do actually work. I don't just mean that they function, but they really do actually work. The screen is big enough, the fonts are readable, the handwriting recognition is impressive, the synching functions as expected, and the battery life is sufficient. That's not to say the Wrist PDA is perfect, however. There are still some bugs to be worked out, and a few rough spots that can definitely use polishing (all of which are described below), but generally speaking, yes, this watch really does put a PDA on your wrist, and yes, it is actually usable.

No comments:

Post a Comment